Many laptops with operating system windowsThey are programmed by default so that they turn on when you open the lid of the equipment, something that many users are uncomfortable with because they prefer to press the “power” button to turn it on.
Users have done everything to disable this feature called “Auto Power On”, but most of them were unsuccessful because the aforementioned tool is not found among the normal settings of the PC, but in a section of secret settings. Take note because from Depor we will provide you with the steps to prevent your laptop from turning on when you lift the lid.
Remember to follow the procedure to the letter, do not manipulate any additional options because you would alter the normal operation of your laptop; In addition, it is necessary to clarify that the trick only works on computers with the Windows 10 operating system or higher versions.
So you can prevent your Windows laptop from turning on when you open the lid
- First, lift the lid of your laptop, it will turn on, turn it off manually.
- Now, press the “Power” button, immediately touch the “F2” key several times.
- This will access the hidden settings of windows.
- Using the directional or arrow keys, scroll to the tab called “Settings”.
- Here click on the section that says: “Flip to boot”.
- Press the “Enter” key and two options will be displayed: “Enabled” and “Disabled”, choose the latter.
- Remember that you choose with the enter key.
- Finally, press the “F10” key to keep the changes.
- The PC will restart and no longer turn on when you open the lid of the laptop. Check it.
How to fix your laptop keyboard in case you type and open other functions
- On your desktop, press the magnifying glass that is located in the lower left corner.
- Then, type and enter the “Control Panel”.
- Click on the “Accessibility” section.
- On the left side, press the “Keyboard” section.
- All the boxes should be unchecked, except for the one that says: “Use the device without a physical keyboard”.
- When it is activated, a virtual keyboard will appear on the screen, just close it and the physical keyboard of the PC or laptop will work again.
- To skip all these steps, press the combinations Windows + CTRL + O.