If you lost your smartphone or it was stolen, you probably bought a new one in no time to continue using your favorite apps like WhatsApp and thus do not lose communication with your friends; however, if you use a new number and unsubscribe the old one, we anticipate that you must take security measures.
The latter is because WhatsApp will continue to work even with your old number; that is, you will receive messages from your contacts and your chats will continue to be visible to them, so it is possible that someone else can access this information if they become the owner of that number.
Under this situation, not only will you lose your privacy, but it may be risky for them to access your chats, especially if you have stored important data such as bank accounts, passwords, among others. Therefore, in SPORTS We explain what you should do.
What to do with WhatsApp if you cancel your phone number
For security purposes, we recommend you delete your WhatsApp account, this to prevent someone else from getting your cell phone number and accessing your conversations and other information available on it when downloading the app.
- If you have Android, open WhatsApp and tap on the three points, located above.
- Then, go to “Settings”, followed by “Account”.
- After this, click on “Delete my account”.
- Put your phone number in full international format.
- Click on “Delete my account” and in the drop-down menu, choose a reason.
- Finally, confirm the action with the “Delete my account” button.
Next, we explain the same process, but with an iPhone:
- Open the WhatsApp app and go to “Settings”.
- Among the options, select “Account”.
- Choose “Delete my account” and enter your mobile number.
- Finally, tap on “Delete my account” and that’s it.
Did you like this new information about WhatsApp? Did you learn a useful trick? This application is full of ‘secrets’, codes, shortcuts and new tools that you can keep trying and you will only need to enter the following link for more notes from WhatsApp in Depor, and that’s it. What are you waiting for?