The large percentage of cases of scams by computer criminals, who illegally take over your account WhatsApp In a matter of seconds, it was the reason for the aforementioned messaging platform to develop a new security function called “Account Protection”, with this they will no longer be able to steal your information even if they get the desired verification code.
He authentication code or verification is a secret key that WhatsApp sends you by SMS text message or phone call, which you should not share with anyone, what is it for? to check if the number of your SIM card really belongs to you, in this way you will prevent other people from registering your account in secondary phone.
Hackers use various methods to obtain the code that we mentioned above, such as the “Mailmail” technique.However, thanks to the new “Account Protection” tool, they will have to go through another security filter to achieve their goal. Do you want to know how this feature works? It is something that Depor will explain to you immediately.
The guide to use account protection in WhatsApp
- First, it is necessary to highlight that the function will be activated automatically, so you will not have to make a previous adjustment in your WhatsApp account.
- In addition, the tool is gradually being rolled out around the world, so check that the application does not have pending updates on Google Play or the App Store.
- How does it work? When a stranger tries to register your WhatsApp number on a secondary cell phone, they will not only ask for the verification code by SMS or call, (something difficult to obtain because they do not have your SIM card, although they can use their methods to obtain it) because Before they send you the secret key, a pop-up window will appear in your current WhatsApp account.
- Basically, here you have to confirm if you really want to transfer your account to another device, otherwise cancel the operation.
- The options are the following: “Allow” and “Do not allow”, do not worry if you press the first one by mistake, since later you will choose between “Stay on this phone” and “Move to a new phone”, reported the portal technological wabetainfo.
How to know if WhatsApp is down
It is very easy to realize that whatsapp is down around the world by following official accounts. To do this, we invite you to perform these steps:
- If you do not receive messages and you think that WhatsApp has crashed, the first thing you should do is check that you have an internet connection, through your data or Wi-Fi.
- If everything is correct, we advise you to enter Downdetector, a website that tells you if there was a peak hour in which problems were recorded in the application.
- Another method to find out if WhatsApp is down is through social networks. One of them is Twitter. Most users use the hashtag #WhatsappDown and, through it, you can know if it is true or not.
- If none of those steps give you a clue, then check your mobile device so you can troubleshoot if there are any glitches. WhatsApp. To do this you can check the company’s website.
Did you like this new information about WhatsApp? Did you learn a useful trick? This application is full of ‘secrets’, codes, shortcuts and new tools that you can keep trying and you will only need to enter the following link for more notes WhatsApp in Depor, and that’s it. What are you waiting for? Here you can find thousands of notes with secrets related to the Meta app.