There are many functions that you can find in WhatsApp to use the app more comfortably, whether it’s making calls, video calls, uploading statuses, configuring your privacy; However, sometimes certain inconveniences can occur such as the Meta application not recognizing your contacts.
Surely, when entering WhatsApp you have seen that in the name of each chat their telephone numbers appear and not as you had registered them. Although this does not affect the fact that the messages continue to arrive, it is true that it can be uncomfortable to have to talk to each of them if you do not recognize them at first sight.
Also, with this issue in effect, you will have difficulty performing certain actions such as creating new groups or sending mailing lists. Given this, at MAG we share a series of possible solutions that you can try from your iPhone. Pay attention to the directions.
What to do if WhatsApp does not recognize your contacts
This is one of the most notable problems that can happen to you in the messaging app. Here we explain what you should do to solve it from your iPhone.
- If this happened to you, you probably have not given the necessary permissions to WhatsApp to access your contacts. That is why you must first enter “Settings” > “Privacy” > “Contacts” and finally activate WhatsApp.
- In the event that WhatsApp appears gray or does not appear in the privacy settings of your iPhone, you must remove any restrictions. Do the following: “Settings” > “Screen Time” > “Content & Privacy Restrictions”.
- If the problem persists, you’ll have to restore your smartphone, but first make sure you make a WhatsApp backup so you don’t lose your conversations, audios, and other content available in the app.
- You can call Apple technical support to provide you with more specialized help, in the event that no solution has worked for you.
How to activate temporary messages in WhatsApp
An option that gives you more privacy when chatting with a WhatsApp contact from your iPhone is activating temporary messages. To do this, we will explain the steps to follow:
- First, open the WhatsApp app from your iPhone.
- After this, tap on the name of the contact.
- Then, click on the “Temporary messages” option.
- Among the alternatives, click on “Continue”.
- Here, you can choose between the times you want: 24 hours, 7 days or 90 days.
- Select the one you prefer and you’re done.
From this moment on, every time you communicate with that specific contact, the message will be deleted, and the other person will not be able to take screenshots or copy the text you sent.
Did you like this new information about WhatsApp? Did you learn a useful trick? This application is full of ‘secrets’, codes, shortcuts and new tools that you can keep trying and you will only need to enter the following link for more notes WhatsApp in Depor, and that’s it. What are you waiting for?