It is not known if the technology giant Google stopped providing free services due to the economic effects of the pandemic caused by COVID-19, since just in the year 2021, those of Alphabet, Inc. announced that Google Photos, Google Drive and Gmail would share the 15 gigabytes of free storage that they offered to their customers, something that is now a reality. Are you running out of space on the aforementioned email platform and don’t know how to get more GB? Don’t worry, from Depor we will teach you the purchase process immediately.
It is true that Gmail does not take up much storage, therefore, it is unlikely that only with emails you will fill the 15 GB courtesy in a short time, however, sometimes they tend to send you very large attachments and to that we must add that now it will share space with two important applications such as Google Photos and Drive, the first saves files in the cloud, specifically Word, Excel, PDF documents, etc., while the second takes care of photos and videos.
What happens if you occupy 100% of the space in Gmail? simple, you will not be able to send or receive emails, even if they are less heavy, you will not even receive “Spam” messages, you will only be able to chat through “Google Chat” or make calls and video calls through Google Meet, this without a doubt it would force you to purge media files on all three platforms sharing the same space.
The steps to buy storage in Gmail with the app on your phone
- First, check that gmail do not have pending updates on the Android Google Play or iOS App Store.
- Now, open the emails app
- It is likely that in the main interface you will see the notice “Used (x%) of storage” and below the red button “Adm. storage”, press it.
- In case you do not see this message and button, click on your profile photo that is located in the upper right corner.
- A new window titled “Manage your space with Google One” will be displayed.
- At the bottom, Google will show you its most basic plan of 100 GB of storage for PEN 6.49 per month (Peruvian currency), although for a month they will charge you PEN 1.65.
- The benefits of the basic plan are the following: you share it with 5 people and you will have more editing features in Google Photos, of course apart from the 100 GB.
- If you want more GB, then click on “See more plans”, there are two additional ones: 200 GB for PEN 9.99 and PEN 32.49 per month, for a month PEN 2.49 and PEN 8.12 respectively.
- There are also annual plans for you to save up to 17%.
- Finally, click on “Get offer”, accept the conditions of service of Google One and start by registering your credit or debit card to make the purchase (we recommend not saving your card details anywhere).
What does the “CC” and “BCC” mean in Gmail and when to use them
- CC or Carbon Copy: This option allows you to send copies of the email to other recipients, apart from the main contact. Likewise, with this alternative, the people added in the message will be able to know who else they sent the emails to.
- BCC or Blind Carbon Copy: Unlike the previous function, this one gives you more privacy, since you can send emails to other recipients, apart from the main ones, so they won’t know who else sent the messages.
- After these indications, you will be able to know when it is preferable to share an email in a common way or, by default, more privately.