Last year, some 15.3 million people made purchases online, of which 30% were buyers from the provinces, according to the Peruvian Chamber of Electronic Commerce (Capece). Thus, electronic commerce billed US$ 12.1 billion in 2022, a growth of 30% compared to 20211.
The figures show that e-commerce is beginning to take off, so it is also important that users make their electronic purchases safely and for this, Claro offers the following advice:
- Use a private Internet connection: When making these types of transactions in which you must enter personal data, choose to always use your home WiFi network or share data from your own device.
- Verify the web security digital certificate: make sure that the page where you are going to buy has a lock symbol at the top left of the screen, in the bar where the name of the website appears.
- Buy only in official stores: It is preferable to purchase items on platforms that have the support of recognized brands.
- Check the payment methods and shipping options: You will see that some platforms offer options without cards, such as bank transfers or through an application code. Choose the payment method that gives you the most confidence and provides you with support in the event of any inconvenience. Also, find out if the business has an established plan for delivering its products through delivery.
- Check if the store has customer support: If for any reason something unforeseen occurs, the customer service of the platform where you purchased will be able to resolve your doubts, complaints or queries quickly.
By taking these recommendations into account, you will be able to purchase items safely, easily and from the comfort of your home. For example, there are websites such as tiendaclaro.pe that offer various benefits to users such as online prices, same-day express delivery for confirmed orders until 1 pm in some areas of Metropolitan Lima, and online payments.
In this CyberWow, which takes place from April 17 to 21 and/or while stocks last, Claro offers selected devices in cash in portability and Postpaid renewal with up to 50% discount and a bonus of up to 6,000 LATAM Pass Miles with a Max plan Unlimited (customers with DNI or RUC10) or Unlimited Max Business plan (customers with RUC 10 with business). Models such as the Motorola Moto G51 128GB, Honor Magic 5 Lite 128GB 5G, Samsung Galaxy A14 128GB 5G, among others, participate. And if they are a Full Claro customer, they can carry up to 12,000 Latam Pass miles.
Likewise, they will be able to purchase selected models at regular prices in portability and Postpaid renewal in 12 monthly installments with a Max Unlimited plan (customers with DNI or RUC10) or Max Unlimited Business plan (customers with RUC 10 with business); the iPhone 12 64GB or the Motorola G23 128GB from an initial fee of S/ 0 with up to 6,000 Latam Pass Miles, and up to 12,000 if you are a Full Claro customer.
For more information and to know the terms and conditions of the CyberWow promotions, you can enter tiendaclaro.pe.