On certain occasions, smartphones with the operating system Android They usually present sudden errors in their operating system, one of these errors is related to the impossibility of opening the links that are sent to you through a certain application, it means that nothing happens after having pressed them, is there any conventional solution? Yes, and from Depor we will explain it immediately.
Basically, is a problem that occurs when users downloaded too many apps on their mobile devicesince some have the same operation and it is normal that they present errors in case you have not updated them for a long time, therefore, when opening a link, no action would take place.
LOOK: These are the Xiaomi cell phones compatible with Android 14
To be clear, let’s suppose that someone sends you the link of a Google Chrome page through Messenger, the messaging app will open it in the browser that it includes, but with the problem that we mentioned before, nothing will happen if you press dozens of times on the url.
The solution when the applications of your smartphone do not open links
- First, enter the “Settings” of your cell phone Androidyou locate it with the icon of a cogwheel or gear.
- Now, find and press the section that says “Applications”.
- The next step is to click on the option called “Choose default applications”, it is located at the top.
- Here touch the “Open Links” section, the name may change slightly depending on the brand and model of the smartphone.
- You may find it as “Open by default”.
- This part contains all the applications specialized in carrying out certain tasks.
- To fix the issue, locate the app not opening links and fix it.
How to extend the battery life of your Android phone
We explain what to do to make your phone’s battery last much longer.
- Activate battery saving mode: This option limits certain functions to reduce power consumption. To do this, go to the settings of your device and look for the option “Battery” or “Battery saver” to enable it.
- Reduce the brightness of the screen: the screen light is one of the elements that consumes the most energy in a mobile device, for this, you must decrease its intensity to save battery significantly. Go into the display settings and adjust the brightness, according to your preferences.
- Control apps in the background: If you have apps running in the background, they can consume too much power even when you’re not using them. To disable this option, go to “Settings” and look for the option “Applications” or “Application Manager” and close those you don’t need.
- Turn off connectivity features: If you’re not using a Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or GPS connection, it’s best to disable them, as they consume too much power even when you haven’t accessed them.
- Limit automatic alerts and synchronizations: go to “Settings” and tap on “Accounts” or “Sync”. Here you can turn off auto-syncing of apps you don’t need and limit notifications from apps that aren’t a priority.
Please note that battery life may vary depending on the device and how you use it. These tricks will help you maximize the duration of this element as long as you reduce the consumption of apps and other functions.