Smartphones are very useful tools, but also dangerous, since here you store very important information, from notes containing emails with passwords, to bank account numbers, credit or debit cards, information that you would not want to be reviewed by third persons. What happens with this and other personal data when you take your mobile device with operating system to be repaired? Android? they might review them if you don’t turn on the “Maintenance Mode” security and privacy feature.
After having activated theMaintenance mode” cell phone technicians will not have the ability to access your personal data, such as: gallery images, SMS text messages, applications installed through the Google Play Store, etc., only apps will be available pre-installed, those that come by default when you turn on your phone for the first time.
In addition, the function highlights that the changes made by the technical service will not be saved when leaving the aforementioned mode, which means that the programs used to perform tests or modify some system settings will be eliminated.
How to activate maintenance mode on your Android phone
- First, enter the “Settings” of your cell phone Androidyou locate it with the icon of a cogwheel or gear.
- Now, click on the section that says: “Device care”.
- Scroll down and click on the “Maintenance Mode” section.
- We recommend backing up the data (optional).
- Touch the “Activate” button, but do not check the “Restart without creating record” circle > then, click on “Restart”.
- A pop-up window will be displayed where they will indicate that the equipment will be restarted to activate maintenance mode.
- The process may take a couple of minutes. When the restart is over, in the bottom right it says “Maintenance mode”, try to access the gallery, contacts or documents in the file manager and you will not be able to.
- How do I get out? access the notifications menu and tap on “The phone is in maintenance mode”.
- Finally, press “Exit” > “Restart” > put the fingerprint and everything will be back to normal.
Is it possible to unlock your cell phone with a photo of your face?
- Facial recognition is a security tool that only some mid-range and high-end smartphones have, it works like a 3D face scanner. Without delaying the subject, it is possible to unlock your cell phone with a photograph of your face.
- According to the information disseminated by the technological portal mobile zoneit was learned that the Dutch organization “Consumentenbon” carried out a test or experiment in 2019, which consisted of unlocking 110 cell phones of the Lenovo, Nokia, Huawei, Alcatel, Samsung, Apple brand, among others, using a photo printed in high quality.
- The result was surprising, from the entire group 42 devices were unlocked. It is important to note that some Samsung brand phones and their Galaxy line passed the test, on the other hand, Apple iPhones too. Would you dare to enable facial unlocking on your cell phone?