It is normal that you make mistakes in one or several words when you are typing on your phone with an operating system Android, so in order not to send a message or email with misspellings, it is customary to correct the text manually. Most still do not know that you can activate the “automatic correction” on the keyboard of your smartphone, do you want to know how to enable the aforementioned tool? It is something that Depor will explain to you immediately.
Before beginning, it is necessary to clarify that all cell phones have a keyboard by default, it is probably developed by the manufacturer itself, although most prefer to download one through the Google Play Store, the most popular and used worldwide is “Gboard”.
to get to gboard access in the following link. This keyboard has a large number of functions, such as: “add themes”, “gesture typing”, “voice command dictation”, “Block offensive words”, etc., although the most important function is automatic correction .
So you can enable automatic correction in Gboard
- First, open gboard and click on the section that says “Spell check”.
- A new window will be displayed with several options.
- Scroll down and turn on the switch labeled “auto fix”.
- Exit the settings to keep the changes and enter any application that works with a text field, for example: WhatsApp.
- Enter a personal or group chat, here you write a word incorrectly but it can be understood, it can be “cancion” without accent or “csnción”, often by mistake the “s” is usually written for the “a”.
- Finally, press the space key and the word will be corrected automatically.
How do you know if you need to change phones?
- Storage: If your phone has 32 GB of internal storage, it is time to renew the equipment, since the applications of today are heavier than those of several years ago and to be compatible with your old device, they require more benefits. Although the best option would be to purchase a MicroSD card, here you will not be able to store some heavy apps such as: Facebook, Instagram, video games, etc., it will only work for light applications and multimedia files.
- Battery: As in the previous case, applications and updates to current operating systems generate higher power consumption, for this reason, smartphones are manufactured with 4,000 to 5,000 mAh batteries, something that a cell phone with more than 4 years old. Also, remember that the useful life of a battery is approximately 300 charge cycles, which means that if you have charged your device from 0% to 100% more than 300 times, the battery of your old cell phone will probably run out quickly.
- years update: all mobiles have a certain number of years of updating, generally they are 4, it means that there will come a time when your device will no longer receive the new versions of Android or their new security patches. Currently, we are on the Android 12 version, if your mobile did not update or even stayed on previous versions, it is time to purchase another device so that you do not fall victim to cybercriminals.
- RAM: Old cell phones come with 1 or 2 gigabytes of RAM, something very scarce for today’s applications. The aforementioned component allows your mobile to open various applications in the background, if you do so and your computer starts to slow down, it is another indication for you to buy another phone.